Last updated: 05/29/12
Collection of Information
Here's what we collect from you when you use the Service:
· User-Provided Information: When you use or subscribe for the Service, we may ask you to provide certain information, including information that is considered "personally identifiable information” (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, such as your name, your company name, and email address). This information is necessary to provide our Service for your app and improve the SEO of your app in the App Store. If you elect to subscribe to the full functionality and features of the Service, you will be prompted to provide financial information, including credit card and other billing information, which will be passed directly to a secure third party credit card payment processing service to process and charge your monthly subscription fee. The credit card payment processor will not share your financial information with us and we will not store any such information on our servers. We will not ask for more information than is necessary to operate the Service.
· "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Site or Service we may automatically record certain information about your use from your web browser such as your IP address. This information is used for our internal research purposes, to accommodate the Site to our users’ preferences and needs.
· "Cookies" Information: One form of "automatically collected" information we record is information stored by "cookies." When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer. We use both "session" and "persistent" cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser. While a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser (and may be used by your browser when you later return to the Service), persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the appropriate "Help" file in your Web browser or your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. We will use the information collected to improve user experience on the Site by customizing features to our users’ preferences.
AppGrooves may use your information for several general purposes:
· to provide you with Service information,
· to enable your use of the Service,
· to support the Service offered on the Site,
· to contact you for feedback about the Service,
· to conduct research about AppGrooves or our Service,
· to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
· to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes (unless you have opted out of receiving these types of communications),
· to import other data from other services (if you have elected to have our dashboard display the available analytics information for your app from the App Store).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
· when we have your consent to share the information.
· if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide the Service (if your information is shared with our third party service providers, we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the service, and ask that such companies do not use your information for any other purpose).
· to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of receiving these types of communications).
· if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the Site.
· in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if AppGrooves should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
AppGrooves may also share non-personally identifiable information with third parties. This type of information includes login credentials of other services, keywords of your apps and competitor apps of your apps, which we will use and disclose for the same reasons set forth above and for the following additional purposes: to import data from other services and to provide better analysis and suggestions for your App Store SEO.
You may also decline to share certain information with AppGrooves, in which case AppGrooves may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by editing your profile on the Site. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. You may also modify the cookie settings on your Web browser or mobile device to limit the information you share with us through certain automated collection devices. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information at all times.
You may correct, amend, or delete your personally identifiable information by editing your profile on the Site or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or require more information from us regarding the information we collect, maintain, use and/or disclose you may contact us at the address below or send a request to email@example.com.
We make efforts to protect personally identifiable information in our possession from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. AppGrooves takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software in certain cases, which encrypts certain of the information you input. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases and certain unauthorized third parties may gain access to and misuse your information despite our security efforts.
The servers in which we store information are primarily located in the United States, but in times of emergency or for other business reasons, from time to time such information may be sent by us or our service providers to servers outside of the United States.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites or software that can be down loaded. AppGrooves is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and software. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personally identifiable information and the privacy policies that apply to such third party software.
444 Castro St, Suite 1200
Mountain View, CA 94041